WELCOME

WELCOME!

So . . ., you've finally found the perfect place, lots of storage, nice size rooms, all the extra amenities. But, then you're told "no painting and no making holes in the walls"! You feel all your decorating plans going out the window. What can you do to make the space your own.

Well don't despair. There are many ways to get around the restrictions and limitations and I am here to share the ways I've overcome them over the past 18yrs.

I hope you enjoy my tips and will also share your own. I'll also be sharing some of my on going projects. Once again . . .
WELCOME!!!

Barbe aka Bee

March 1, 2012

What To Do When It Rains

Good Morning All!
Well, we've had a couple of days of much needed rain here in Central California so that put a pause to my painting projects.  Since my apt doesn't have a garage, I had to otherwise occupy myself.  So . . . I thought I'd share with you some of my other crafty endeavors I've worked on of late.  I bet you didn't know I also played with and was as addicted to textiles as much as I am paint! lol  I have so much yarn and fabric that I need another armoire just to store them. -_^   I recently started crocheting more often after I discovered the tutorial videos on YouTube!  Bazinga!  I was off and running again.  I've learned so many new stitches and have even started developing my own patterns!    I made these hats and hair scrunchies for my granddaughters who live in 2 different states.






Because of injuries from car accidents, knitting with the needles has become to painful.  Imagine my joy when moving and meeting a friend who introduced me to the KniftyKnitter Loom! : )  These scarves I made on the KniftyKnitter Loom.

The next pictures are closeups of the texture of the scarves.  Sorry I don't have a better way of displaying them.
.
This blue scarf is regular yarn and a ribbon yarn combined on the round loom.

This red scarf is made on the rectangle loom with fun fur.

This blue and green is a boucle and the black and white is black yarn and  fancy fur.

This is black yarn and another ribbon yarn.

This green is my latest, a regular olive green with fancy fur.

This one surprised me by working up into a stripe!
Well that's it for now.  Oh but wait, I'll give you a peak of what my plans were before this storm began:
I got this cutie at a garage sale for only $1.00 because of the water damage and the legs were really wobbly.  Won't she be cute all painted and polished!  Stay tuned . . . they say we'll have sunshine by the weekend!  Thanks for stopping by and sharing a rainy day with me.
Barbe

I'm linked to these parties:
Feathered Nest Friday at French Country Cottage
Friday Link Party at Redoux
Inspiration Friday on At The Picket Fence
Addicts Not So Anonymous at Addicted 2 Decorating
Friday Fun Party at Craftionary
Jillify It Party #2 at Jillify It
Tuesdays Treasures at My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
Simply Klassic Sunday @ Simply Klassic Home
Pink Saturday @How Sweet The Sound

14 comments:

  1. Hi Barbe! I love the hair accessories that you made for your granddaughters. You are so sweet. I bet they took a lot of time, but I'm sure they will cherish their handmade gifts. I wanted to respond to the comments you left on my blog, but your blogs settings will not allow me to. To change your settings from a noreply blogger, go to your blogger dashboard, click "edit user profile", then check "show my email address" and save! Take care and I look forward to following your blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandi, actually they didn't take very long at all. The hats take the most time, about 2 days for me because of physical limitations with my hands. I hope you are able to respond to my comments now as I did make the changes. Thanks for the tip. : )

      Delete
  2. your work is beautiful!!! a work of art...I never heard of a loom...I will have to mention this to my daughter...she is the knitter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, working the loom is so so easy. If your daughter is a knitter she will love the loom as it will make it easier for her to take it to the next level. : )

      Delete
  3. Beautiful knit items. How lucky your grandchildren are to receive these items made with love by grandma. Looking forward to seeing the finished table.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Paulette, I feel blessed to have grandchildren and enjoy making things for them on a regular basis. I finally got the table sanded today, so hopefully will have it finished by Monday! Don't forget to check back. -_^

      Delete
  4. You've been BUSY!!! Love the hats and headbands... and don't you LOVE that ladder ribbon?! That's what I make my necklaces out of! Good work, lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dea, yeah when the weather is cold you know how the fibro attacks us, so I did alot of crocheting and looming! lol Especially the scrunchies, I found I could do about 5 a day easily. Plus they are so much fun to make and you see results so quickly! : )
      I'll be coming to check out your latest crochet earrings, soon.
      Barbe

      Delete
  5. Beautiful!! Do you have a shop? I bet a lot of people would buy your stuff. I definitely would!

    Thanks for your comment on my blog:) Yeah, my lil one always comes first.. She is my life!

    What kind of doggie was Sheba?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No shop as yet. I will have to put a pic of my Sheba on the side bar so you can see how much she and Molly favor! : )

      Delete
  6. Barbe, I so envy you being able to crochet and knit. Everything you've made is so cute! I love the scarves. I can't wait to see what you do with the table! I bet it's going to be fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww . . . thank you! For years I could only do the basic single crochet stitch. Then in November a friend told me about the video tutorials available on YouTube! I am a more visual person when it comes to learning things and this was just what I needed to improve and advance my skills! Now I've learned many different stitches and have started mixing it with my knitting. The knitting loom is so easy; taught an 8yr old in one hour! You can use it and make a hat over night!

      Delete
  7. Your knitting projects are SO pretty! Lucky little granddaughters ;)

    PS: That table has SUCH potential~ great find, Bee!!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lolly Jane, and so happy you stopped by for a visit. Don't forget the Frugal Treasures party tomorrow! : )

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I so enjoy hearing from you!

It's Overflowing Sunday

It's Overflowing Sunday
Great diy!

Sew Crafty Tuesday

The Sewing Loft

TheSewingLoftBlog.com

One Good Thing

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles

Photobucket