WELCOME

WELCOME!

So . . ., you've finally found the perfect place, lots of storage, nice size rooms, all the extra amenities. But, then you're told "no painting and no making holes in the walls"! You feel all your decorating plans going out the window. What can you do to make the space your own.

Well don't despair. There are many ways to get around the restrictions and limitations and I am here to share the ways I've overcome them over the past 18yrs.

I hope you enjoy my tips and will also share your own. I'll also be sharing some of my on going projects. Once again . . .
WELCOME!!!

Barbe aka Bee

March 6, 2012

Frugal Treasure Tuesday #2 Is Here!

Update:  Yippee!!!  Frugal Treasures is up and running!  Whew!  That took longer than I thought.  Thanks for your patience and support!
Barbe 3/7/2012

 Do you ever just have one of those days  . . . 

sure you have; we all do.   Well, this is definitely one of mine!  I ask for your patience as I explain.  Yes, . . . you read it right, the party will be delayed. *_*   There were some glitches on my blog with comments and links.  Then I didn't realize my subscription was expiring for Linky Tool! *blush*   Sheeeesh*  But the good news is all will be fixed by tomorrow so be sure to come back on Wednesday and we'll be able to party to our hearts content!
Unfortunately, things continued to go wrong . . .  I thought I'd be sharing the completion of this little table I showed as my next project at the end of the 'Rainy Day' post.  But after sanding and priming the top dried and left me with this you see in the bottom photo:
 You'll notice a slight raised areas and bubbling.  This was the beginning of the problems.






 I knew there was water damage but now realize the edges around the top were not real wood and thus the bubbled mess. I think I've come up with a solution, but you'll have to wait until Friday for the results.    -_^

~ FRUGAL TREASURES TUESDAY ~

Although I can't start up the link for the party as yet,  I do still have access to everyone's links so I'll share a few that really caught my eye. ENJOY!

This Victorian fern stand linked by Dreamgoddess is just breathtaking!  The lines and details are so beautiful!  You have to read what she went through to get it to look this way!  Wow!

019
Sarah over at Plummbutton.  She created this beautiful French Bird wall art.  Find how is and inexpensive she accomplished it here!

                                                         IMAG2562

Linda at Coastal Charm once again did a fabulous makeover on this china hutch!  Check out how she changed and updated it to fit the new look of her home here.



Over at Biljana Shabby, you'll be surprised with what she did with this broken teapot . . Take a look here


 Shenita at Embellishments By SLR shared this great buy of 8 beautiful Italianate coffee cups



Isnt this a lovely green on this vintage desk?  Bridget over at Bridgey Widgey did a great job!  She also has a tutorial on how to makeover your mousepad!


I thought I'd end with these beautiful daffodils from First Come Flowers!  Her bark vase display is great and she has a tutorial on how to care for cut daffodils.

Daffodils in can DS

Well my friends, that's it for last week.  Thanks to all of you for helping me get started on my linky party!  All of you who were featured please feel free to grab a featured button on my sidebar.  I'm looking forward to the next party!  And remember the party will be starting but a day late, Wednesday, so I beg your patience and hope you'll come back to join!
~Barbe~


~Frugal Treasures Tuesday~

A few simple rules are:
1. Becoming my follower would be appreciated; there are 3 ways to follow: GFC, Linky Follower, and Networked Blogs.

2. Link should be to your actual post and not just your blog home page. It could be anything you've created, crafted, cooked, recipes, sewing, crochet, knitting, photographed, or great frugal finds/buys! (Please . . . no etsy shop or giveaways.

3. Please scroll and visit/follow as many bloggers as you desire and leave them a comment; the more the merrier for the party. Also they may return the favor. -_^

3. Add my party button or a link to your post.

20 comments:

  1. Thanks for featured my Teapot:-)
    Have a beautiful day, hugs Biljana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your welcome, Biljana and hope you'll come back tomorrow and link again. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the feature...it made my day:)

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, you're quite welcome! Hope you'll come back tomorrow and link another project!
      Barbe

      Delete
  4. Can't wait to see what you do with the bubbles! As far as my dining room chairs - they need new fabric, not only to match, but because they are disgusting with food from the kids matted into them! Thank you for the kind words about my son.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brooke, yeah, I remember changing the fabric on my kitchen chairs often because of my 2 active sons! : ) Then my mom found me some daffodil yellow vinyl at a yard sale, which matched my kitchen dining curtains perfectly and after that cleaning was just a quick wipe. Kept it that way until they were in their tweens, then switched to a more decorative fabric. : ) You're are quite welcome, and I hope it brought you some comfort.
      As for those bubbles, I'm having second thoughts. My plan was to use mosaic tile but I'm not sure if the adhesive could cause even more bubbling or if the bubbling needs to be sanded all the way flat first. I'm afraid to sand it anymore as the material just seemed to start peeling. *_* Hmmmm . . . time to check with some of the more experienced painters here in blogland.
      Thanks for stopping by. : )
      Barbe

      Delete
  5. Thanks so much for featuring my coffee cups!! What a treat! I can't wait to link up again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shenita, you're welcome. I think those cups were a great find. The party is back up and look forward to your next link! : )

      Delete
  6. Barbe, thank you so much for featuring my fern stand. I am so honored! I've taken a small blog break this week, but hopefully will be back next week and link up to your party then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay, know how that is sometimes just need that little break to come back and fresh. Look forward to seeing you again next week.
      Barbe

      Delete
  7. Thanks so much for visiting my blog and inviting me to your party! I'm now following you back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome! I'm so happy you stopped by and joined the party! Looking forward to sharing projects and tips. : )

      Delete
  8. Thanks for the feature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your quite welcome and I look forward to seeing more of your projects.

      Delete
  9. Hi Barbe! Thanks for the invite to join the party! Cute website!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think I did right this time, haha! Thanks again =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks LOTS for hosting...GREAT links already up! Glad to join in the fun. XO, Aimee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aime! Glad you were able to stop by! Looking forward to next Sunday's party, too!

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I so enjoy hearing from you!

It's Overflowing Sunday

It's Overflowing Sunday
Great diy!

Sew Crafty Tuesday

The Sewing Loft

TheSewingLoftBlog.com

One Good Thing

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles

Photobucket