WELCOME

WELCOME!

So . . ., you've finally found the perfect place, lots of storage, nice size rooms, all the extra amenities. But, then you're told "no painting and no making holes in the walls"! You feel all your decorating plans going out the window. What can you do to make the space your own.

Well don't despair. There are many ways to get around the restrictions and limitations and I am here to share the ways I've overcome them over the past 18yrs.

I hope you enjoy my tips and will also share your own. I'll also be sharing some of my on going projects. Once again . . .
WELCOME!!!

Barbe aka Bee

March 11, 2012

Bedroom Makeover Updates

Hello and happy Sunday!  I hope you all had a great weekend!  My weekend was pretty productive and I finally got started on my bedroom makeover.  First I painted the main wall a beautiful robins egg bluish color (Valspar - Lake Country).

After that I painted my bedframe, this is only the first phase of it.  Here is the before pic:


Here is the after pic of my bed and below it the inspiration I found for it.
This pic shows the wall color more true!
I found this inspirational french armoire on Pinterest from Paint Me White
I love the dark undertone in this paint technique! 


  Then a friend came by to cut my desk in half for me; wanted a tall night stand with drawers and its perfect.



This is the inspiration for painting the nightstand from Pinterest.

Then I sanded it down.  We have rain in our forecast this week, so will try painting inside tomorrow.  I'm saving the other half for another project, but that's for another post so stay tuned! -_*   I'd manage to complete a small project I had started.  I got this wall plaque from my mom.
  
It had started to rust when I had it in storage, so I thought I'd give it a little facelift and put it in my bedroom.  So first I painted it with white paint.  


I thought of leaving it this way but didn't like the way the stark white looked with the dark print.


The print is mounted to the glass or I might have changed it out.  I'm still not quite satisfied with it so look for more changes to come.  Any suggestions???

So that was my weekend activities.  How about you?  Did you complete or begin any makeovers?  Maybe you found some good thrift finds or curbside freebies.  I'd love to hear from you!  Thanks for stopping by!
~Bee~ 
I'm linked at these parties:
Tuesday's Treasure @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia

4 comments:

  1. I love that Robin's egg blue!! I painted my bedroom that color when I was a teen:) I can't wait to see how the nightstand turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Camille, robins egg blue is one of my favorite colors! I'm so excited to do this nightstand! Cutting the desk in half has been on my mind for a year and I was finally able to get it done! Thanks so much for stopping by. Hope you make it back to link to the Frugal Treasures Tuesday party tomorrow!
    ~Bee~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that blue color on the bed. My bedroom furniture was that color when I was a kid, with an antique stain on top. Can't wait to see what you are going to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I loved your work! You started your week with great work. I loved the blue color as well. I got some white furniture, see here and I have some old pieces, I think the blue can be great match with white color. Anyway, thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I so enjoy hearing from you!

It's Overflowing Sunday

It's Overflowing Sunday
Great diy!

Sew Crafty Tuesday

The Sewing Loft

TheSewingLoftBlog.com

One Good Thing

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles

Photobucket