WELCOME

WELCOME!

So . . ., you've finally found the perfect place, lots of storage, nice size rooms, all the extra amenities. But, then you're told "no painting and no making holes in the walls"! You feel all your decorating plans going out the window. What can you do to make the space your own.

Well don't despair. There are many ways to get around the restrictions and limitations and I am here to share the ways I've overcome them over the past 18yrs.

I hope you enjoy my tips and will also share your own. I'll also be sharing some of my on going projects. Once again . . .
WELCOME!!!

Barbe aka Bee

March 16, 2012

Mantels and Cloches- My Touch of Spring

Well, have you heard the latest buzz in blogland?  It's all the link parties for spring mantels and spring cloche.  Well I don't have a fireplace nor a mantel, but I just hate to be left out! LOL!!!  So here is a quick take I had on each!  Sorry but I don't do professional style picture settings; in the middle of too many room makeovers with limited space.  But I enjoyed doing them and hope you will too!
This shelf was previously in cobalt blue and white with wine accents!  The white coffee pot is part of a vintage set my mom used to have.  It's the only piece that survived when our home burned.  The large charger was a gift from a friend as it went so well with the kitchen I had at the time.  The print only cost me a dollar at a flea mart.


I wasn't sure what I would do, just started grabbing pieces!  I bought the flowers because I loved the spring color of new green; had no idea where I'd use them.


Some of these pieces I forgot I even had.  I do love how my nesting hen looks!  


My take on a cloche!  I couldn't find anything to use.


Then I found the tall glass vase and just went for it.  I love how the rose carved piece from Avon matches my new bedroom color.  I thought I'd have to store these pieces.  I found it as well as the decanter and cup and saucer at different thrift stores.


Imagine my surprise, after I finished these pictures and I found my crystal domed cake plate as well as a small glass container that would have been perfect.  But the moment had passed and I had to get back to painting my bedroom furniture.  Oh well, maybe I'll add a more complete and thought out one when I finish the bedroom. Thanks for stopping by and sharing my touch of spring!   Have a great weekend!
~Bee~

I'm linked to these parties:
Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Saturday Night Special @ Funky Junk Interiors
White Wednesday @ Faded Charm
Creative Bloggers Party @ Homemaker on a Dime

13 comments:

  1. Looks like you had a lot of fun mixing things up for spring! I bet you were glad to take a break from painting!! I've seen shelves linked up to mantle parties. You don't have to be left out! LOL!! : )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brandi, lol! So what do you have planned now that you're back from your trip?

      Delete
  2. You did a good job, I don't have a cloche but I do have a covered cake dish, I will definitely use that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sherry! I will be checking over at your place to see what you come up with! : )

      Delete
  3. Hi Bee,
    Thanks for stopping by and leaving such sweet words. It is so nice to meet you. I love your lovely spring mantle, I've got to figure out a way to create one for myself. I will do my best to get to your party on Tuesday, thanks so much for the invitation.
    Big hugs,
    Patti

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patti and you are welcome. I look forward to seeing what you use for a mantle; maybe the top of a dresser? Will see you Tuesday!

      Delete
  4. I think you did a wonderful job! I love the green pieces you have!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and welcome! Thanks so much for stopping by and taking the time to leave a comment. I love finding those old Avon pieces! I couldn't believe it when I found the liquer decanter that matched so well for not being from Avon. Heading over to check out your blog.

      Delete
  5. You are so clever to create your own cloche, I might just borrow that idea, so clever! Everything looks so fresh and spring like, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your welcome Paulette and thank you for your kind words. I can't wait to see what you come up with. : )

      Delete
  6. Hello, Thanks for joining us at Cap Creations. I love your nesting hen too! It's great! And the floral plate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Your blog is lovely. My nesting hen is one of my prize thrift finds from years ago, $1.59!

      Delete
  7. Work with what you have, right?! I adore the milk glass hen....

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I so enjoy hearing from you!

It's Overflowing Sunday

It's Overflowing Sunday
Great diy!

Sew Crafty Tuesday

The Sewing Loft

TheSewingLoftBlog.com

One Good Thing

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles

Photobucket