WELCOME

WELCOME!

So . . ., you've finally found the perfect place, lots of storage, nice size rooms, all the extra amenities. But, then you're told "no painting and no making holes in the walls"! You feel all your decorating plans going out the window. What can you do to make the space your own.

Well don't despair. There are many ways to get around the restrictions and limitations and I am here to share the ways I've overcome them over the past 18yrs.

I hope you enjoy my tips and will also share your own. I'll also be sharing some of my on going projects. Once again . . .
WELCOME!!!

Barbe aka Bee

March 28, 2012

Bathroom Cabinet Update!

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Well, the weather's been wet and my energy level has been low.   So I didn't get around to starting the Frugal Treasures party this week.  But I did want to give mention to the link which got the most links.  Last weeks most clicked link goes to:

Caps Creations for her great thrifty finds!  She really scored on these jars, as well as, some cast iron skeleton keys!


I would have to say my favorite was when Sherry @ Decorating With Cents took an ordinary glass vase and created art!  Awesome job!



So that's it for this week.  Sorry for not having the party link but my health tends to ride with the weather.  And right now, it's damp and blue just like me. : )  I hope you'll come back next Tuesday for the party!
But, on the days we had some sun, I did manage to finally makeover my Tri-mirror medicine cabinet for my bathroom.   If you missed that post you can find it here.   It's not anything special, particle board covered in a wood look laminate.

But it provided much needed storage, so I figured I'd give it a facelift!  So I taped off the mirrors and got it ready for priming.

After the primer dried I painted the cabinet box a sage green.  I then painted the mirror frame one coat of black and went back over it with Valspar oops can from Lowe's in a dark raspberry color.

I think it came out pretty nice.  What do you think?   It became too cloudy to take pics of it on the wall so will save it for the reveal of the completed room, which by the way is almost completed.  Have you noticed from my post that I'm doing 2 rooms at the same time? lol  The bathroom should be done by the weekend.  But I've come to a stand still with my bedroom until I get a working sewing machine and the correct size bed rails.  I should have the desk turned nightstand finished by this weekend also.  Here is where I am so far.
Well, thank you so much for visiting again.  We have sunny days coming this week, so maybe I can get some things done; if I get my energy level back up.  Hope your week is going well! : )
~Barbe~

I'm linked to these parties:
Furniture Friday @ Decorating Insanity
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Thrifty Love Friday @ Cap Creations
Center of Attention Sunday @ Center of Attention Deficit Disorder
Sleepy Sunday Party @ Randee's Organized Chaos
Nifty Thrifty Sunday @ Nifty Thrifty Things

8 comments:

  1. Your mirror looks a lot better :) I hope to party with you next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Look forward to seeing your project link next week! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. The raspberry color makes the mirror look even more beautiful !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so glad you linked up to my center of attention sunday link up party! i love the color, great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think it came out pretty good. Thanks for stopping by and hope you'll be back to link up.

      Delete
  5. Yay it's fun to be featured! I just now found this post! Thanks much for the feature!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Barbe! Just found you from Grandees Organized Chaos! Love your ideas and good taste! New follower, excited to read and hear from you! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I so enjoy hearing from you!

It's Overflowing Sunday

It's Overflowing Sunday
Great diy!

Sew Crafty Tuesday

The Sewing Loft

TheSewingLoftBlog.com

One Good Thing

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles

Photobucket