WELCOME

WELCOME!

So . . ., you've finally found the perfect place, lots of storage, nice size rooms, all the extra amenities. But, then you're told "no painting and no making holes in the walls"! You feel all your decorating plans going out the window. What can you do to make the space your own.

Well don't despair. There are many ways to get around the restrictions and limitations and I am here to share the ways I've overcome them over the past 18yrs.

I hope you enjoy my tips and will also share your own. I'll also be sharing some of my on going projects. Once again . . .
WELCOME!!!

Barbe aka Bee

March 7, 2012

Easy Tart Lemon Bars

Hello, this week has just not worked in my favor; health took a nose dive.  So since getting my projects completed is not happening, I thought I'd share something light, bright, and tasty! ^-^
I first got this recipe from a friend in Oregon and then found it also on Allrecipes.com.  I made my own adjustments and came up with this recipe that is both quicker than my friends and more lemony than what I found online.   Here is a pic of what they look like:

Isn't the color beautiful, that's from the extra lemon juice and lemon zest I added.  The crust is like a butter cookie, with just a slight sweetness and light and buttery.  It is important to refridgerate a couple of hours to let the filling set and the taste jell properly.


~LEMON BARS~


CRUST
 2 cups flour
1 cup Butter (2 sticks)
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 350
In medium bowl,blend together softened butter, flour, and sugar. Press into ungreased 11 x 7 pan.  Bake at 350 until light golden brown, about 20-25 minutes.  Set aside.

FILLING
4 eggs
2/3 cup lemon juice (fresh squeezed) about 3-4 lemons
1-1/2 cups of sugar
1/4 cup flour *plus 1 Tbsp
1 1/2 Tbsp of lemon zest
In a bowl, whisk together sugar and flour. Whisk in the eggs and lemon juice and zest. Pour over slightly warm baked crust.  Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes or golden brown.
Sprinkle with powdered sugar while still warm and cut into squares.  Let sit and refridgerate a few hours before serving.


 We've got 70's temps for rest of the week so really looking forward to a good weekend!  Sounds like a good weekend of yard sales finds!  Happy thrifting to you!
Barbe

I'm linked at these Parties:
Treasure Hunt Thursdays @ From My Front Porch to Yours
Wow Us Wednesdays @ Savvy Southern Style
Open House Party @ No Minimalist Here
Inspiration Friday @ At The Picket Fence
Feathered Nest Friday @ French Country Cottage
Overflowing With Creativity @ It's Overflowing


8 comments:

  1. My mouth is watering already.They look incredible.I am going to try this recipe.Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha! I felt the same way the first time I saw them. Thanks so much for stopping by, and hope you'll come back and join the party!

      Delete
  2. Hi Barbe, So nice to stop by. I am a new follower! I would love to link up to you party... I just can't find it. I'll stop back later today and see if it is up!
    You have a very pretty blog!
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Yvonne, I hope you were able to find the party after the changes. Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Hi Pamela, they really are if you like the tart sweet lemon taste! I love that they mix up so quickly.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I know right! It has become my quick take-to-party dessert; which my friends love! : )

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I so enjoy hearing from you!

It's Overflowing Sunday

It's Overflowing Sunday
Great diy!

Sew Crafty Tuesday

The Sewing Loft

TheSewingLoftBlog.com

One Good Thing

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles

Photobucket