WELCOME

WELCOME!

So . . ., you've finally found the perfect place, lots of storage, nice size rooms, all the extra amenities. But, then you're told "no painting and no making holes in the walls"! You feel all your decorating plans going out the window. What can you do to make the space your own.

Well don't despair. There are many ways to get around the restrictions and limitations and I am here to share the ways I've overcome them over the past 18yrs.

I hope you enjoy my tips and will also share your own. I'll also be sharing some of my on going projects. Once again . . .
WELCOME!!!

Barbe aka Bee

February 14, 2012

My Latest Thrift Scores!


My health hasn't been great of late, I have Lupus and Fibro, so haven't been able to tackle my Bedroom of Roses makeover.  Presently, I'm sleeping on a double air mattress in my livingroom.  But I am still gathering and collecting pieces to help put it all together when the time comes.  So, since this past Friday I had to go for a doctor appt,  I decided to check out the local thrift stores and see what I can find.  At the top of my list was more vintage china with roses, interesting lamps to makeover, and possibly a smaller chair!  Well, . . . I soooo really scored!  I was just giddy when I found these

 This set was $3.50 at half off!  It is Delmar Rose - Iva-lure by Crooksville.  There's 3 plates, 2 saucers, and a bowl.






This next set is more floral but still roses.  I like the lacy-like work in between and the roses are such small
 delicate clusters. This is a Knowles set and cost $4.00.  There's 5 plates, a vegetable bowl, 2 bowls, and dessert plate.




 I also found two lovely lamps which I'm thinking of painting an off white and distressing.   What do you think, yes or no?


I love the details and as you can see the price wasn't bad either; $5.99!

      

I'm not crazy about  the socket; I'd have to use the type of lampshade that snaps on with these.  But I've rewired many lams before and it's simple enough.






I found this rooster plaque for $1.29 and it will go beautifully with the others in my kitchen!



I also found these great patterns for my granddaughters and to make some aprons. 
These patterns I bought to use in creating unique aprons to  sell at the college  weekend  flea mart and craft fair.



Aren't these adorable?   And they have all the parts, too!
There were some furniture pieces that made me drool, but being that I live in an apt, I didn't have any where to store them until I could use them. : (   I do wish I had taken my camera so that I could have taken pictures and could post them now.  I may still go back and see if the striped settee is still there. -_^
Thanks for stopping by for a visit!
Barbe aka Bee

Partying with:
Show Off Your Cottage Monday @ The House in the Roses


   

Chic on a Shoestring Decorating



18 comments:

  1. Great finds.Love those dishes.Hope you are feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Anne, I'm feeling a bit better. Thanks so much for stopping by. I think the plates will look lovely in my finished bedroom; whenever I get finished painting. I need to get out and buy more paint as the one I started with didn't work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great finds, Barbe. I like the idea of distressing the lamp bases. I also love the new banner and background on your blog. Nicely done! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Fern, I knew great minds would think alike! -_^ hahaha
      Thanks I'm working on the banner still, not quite happy with it yet. Hope you're still enjoying your trip.
      (((Hugs)))

      Delete
  4. I was so excited when I saw the Delmar Rose pattern; I've always loved it. And the price was right up my alley. Thanks, the blog look is definitely a work in progress . . .
    So how is your veggie baby hats coming along? Those last ones were amazing. And how about the greeting card business, any new designs? Thanks for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What pretty plates that you found here. Hope you start to feel better soon.

    Blessings,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, so glad you stopped by. I'm so still enjoying your blog and have met so many new bloggers through your parties. I have always loved the Delmar Rose pattern; didn't realize the gold trim was of such high number.
      I am finally feeling better and getting some projects ready to complete my bedroom makeover so I can do a reveal! Hope your weekend is going well.
      Barbe

      Delete
  6. What a find Barbe! I should go shopping with you! Thank you for your kind comments on my kitchen. We are blessed to have a great space in which to spend family time. Take care. XO Cindy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy, you are welcome to come along anytime! : ) Your kitchen was just so what I had dreamed of if I was a homeowner, right down to the details! I was awe struck! I'm really loving your blog and hope you'll stop by again soon.
      Barbe

      Delete
  7. LOVE LOVE LOVE thrift store finds!! I am your newest Linky follower!! Would LOVE for you to come follow me and link up one of your projects to my SLEEPY SUNDAY LINKY PARTY!!! ;)

    http://www.randeesorganizedchaos.com/2012/02/here-it-is-friends-our-third-and-last.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya Randee, I know I have to keep myself from going too often! Looking forward to your next party tomorrow!
      Barbe

      Delete
  8. Espero que você esteja melhor. Gostei de passear pelo teu blog. Um beijo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Muito bom receber sua visita no meu blog.
    Estarei sempre por aqui.
    Beijos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hola, como esta? Se habla espanol mui puquito! lol
      Thanks for stopping by!
      Barbe

      Delete
  10. wow!! lucky you..you really scored!!
    I am your newest network and linky follower.happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Karah, thanks so much for stopping by and becoming a follower. I'm enjoying following your blog too!
    Barbe

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh what lucky finds! I hope you'll be feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I so enjoy hearing from you!

It's Overflowing Sunday

It's Overflowing Sunday
Great diy!

Sew Crafty Tuesday

The Sewing Loft

TheSewingLoftBlog.com

One Good Thing

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles

Photobucket