WELCOME

WELCOME!

So . . ., you've finally found the perfect place, lots of storage, nice size rooms, all the extra amenities. But, then you're told "no painting and no making holes in the walls"! You feel all your decorating plans going out the window. What can you do to make the space your own.

Well don't despair. There are many ways to get around the restrictions and limitations and I am here to share the ways I've overcome them over the past 18yrs.

I hope you enjoy my tips and will also share your own. I'll also be sharing some of my on going projects. Once again . . .
WELCOME!!!

Barbe aka Bee

October 15, 2012

Tackling the Elephant in the Room

Howdy one and all!  I know I've been MIA for a few weeks now!  Well, I'm feeling more like me and have begun to tackle my greatest task . . . the "Elephant in the Room", my china hutch! LOL!  The reason I call it the "elephant in the room" is because I live in a one bedroom apt without a patio for a painting area.  Plus the cabinet is much too large for me to use my usual outside space, my parking space. *_*    Thus, I have to paint it in place in my livingroom; inconvenient mess, especially since the piece is so large.  Here is its present paint colors plus a peek at some of my blue/white collection. : -)

It's been this color since about 2002!  I'll show the first original paint job when I do the complete reveal!  This hutch is the first piece of furniture I ever attempted to paint!  Please ignore the mess in the picture below; one of the challenges of diy in an apt - moving furniture and everything else around when you're painting. lol



 I had a challenge on this back area.  You can see where the top of the hutch sat; the last time I painted with the top in place.  Can you see the old turquoise color?

Here's a sneak peek of where I'm taking it now!  The first step of painting it two-toned!  This color is a bit misleading as I've since remixed the diy chalk paint.  But not by much . . . -_^  What do you think the second color will be?

So that's it for now!  I'm hoping to finish this by this weekend .. . energy willing.  Hope your week is going well.  Stay tuned . . .
~Barbe~


2 comments:

  1. Barbe I can tell you've really been working. Can't wait to see what it looks like when you've completed it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sherry, yes I'm really excited about this one. It's even looking better now that I have 2 more coats on it. Now I have to tackle the top half of the hutch and sand it down. Then I'll wax and both pieces at the same time. : ) Thanks for stopping by.
      Barbe

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment. I so enjoy hearing from you!

It's Overflowing Sunday

It's Overflowing Sunday
Great diy!

Sew Crafty Tuesday

The Sewing Loft

TheSewingLoftBlog.com

One Good Thing

Lu Lu's Fluffy Ruffles

Photobucket